Nintendo Fiscal Year Earnings Released
Nintendo Fiscal Year Earnings have been Released and here is some key information.
- Revenue for year ending March 2017: 489,095 million yen. Next year projected 750,000 million yen.
- Operating income for year ending March 2017: 29,362 million yen. Next year projected 65,000 million yen.
- Profit attributable to owners: 102,574 million yen. Next year projected 60,000 million yen.
Hardware sales for fiscal year
- Switch: 2.74 million units (LTD same). Next year projected 10 million units.
- 3DS: 7.27 million units (66.12 LTD). Next year projected 6 million units.
- Wii U: 760,000 units (13.56 LTD). Next year press F to pay respects.
5.46 million Switch software units sold; next year projected 35 million units. 55.08 million 3DS software units sold; next year projected 40 million units. 14.8 million Wii U software units sold; next year projected 3 million units.
Million sellers (this fiscal year)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 2.76 million Switch, 1.08 million Wii U
- Pokemon Sun/Moon: 15.44 million
- Super Mario Maker 3DS: 2.34 million
- Mario Kart 7: 1.97 million (15.22 million LTD)
- Pokemon OR/AS: 1.9 million (13.74 million LTD)
- Kirby: Planet Robobot: 1.36 million
- NSMB2: 1.03 million (11.27 LTD)
Switch sales breakdown: 600k Japan, 1.2 million the Americas, 940k other (largely Europe, Oceania).
The 2DS is very popular in Europe etc – 1.24 million sold this year vs 1.25 million New 3DS XL, the latter the most popular SKU worldwide.
Earnings release here
Supplementary data here
Make sure you like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter for all the latest news, reviews, and competitions